Monday, June 18, 2012

Sparkly Peacock


For this card I die cut the FRM137 Peacock from Cheery Lynn Designs from black card stock.  I followed the directions for Stacey's Sparkling Stained Glass Technique found in the projects and instructions section on the SweetStamps.com web site.  The only difference was I didn't cut 2 pieces for my peacock, I just layered it to the Super Sticky tape and a piece of 36# vellum and hand cut around the oval.  After I colored the backside of the vellum using Distress Markers (Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Broken China, Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters)  I applied Vellum 2 Adhesive Spray to the backside and layered it to a piece of white card stock and hand trimmed around the oval.  The corners are from the B175 Lace Corner Deco J set from CLD.  I mounted them on the backside of the peacock using tape.  The Turquoise background design is the E123 Eccentric Circles, the leaves are the B179 Iris Leaves and the flower is the stamens from the B181 Build a Flower set all from CLD.  For the flower I cut 3 sets of stamens, 1 in black and 2 in turquoise, on one set of the turquoise stamens I added some color using a Black Soot Distress Marker before removing the pieces from the paper to give them a spotted effect.



No comments: