Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday



I was late with a card for my son's 37th birthday so I made this Belated Birthday card.  The papers are some I had in my many stacks of 6x6 papers.  The dragonfly is the DL146 Dragonfly Large with Angel Wings from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I heat embossed the sentiment 916 Happy Belated Birthday from SweetStamps.com using Distress Embossing Ink, Nightfall Shades Dye ink and Fine Detail Clear EP (to make the dye ink  embossable first ink your image with the Distress Embossing ink, then ink with the dye ink, then stamp on your paper, apply EB and heat set).  I added two different border stickers and Metalique-Bronze Candi.  I used a W-5 Copic marker to color a small wooded tag, outlined it with a Gold Leafing Pen and stamped the  9091 Son stamp from SweetStamps.com in Delicata Golden Glitx ink from Tsukineko.  I also used the Copic marker to color the piece of twine that I used to hide the seam between the two papers.
I used a Quickie Glue Pen in the open areas of the dragonfly to add Sugar Sand to the wings.  For the inside of the card I embossed the 9115 Happy Thoughts from SweetStamps.com using the same technique as before.  The flourish is the B170 Mini Flourish One from CLD.






No comments: