Monday, February 6, 2012

Flower and Dragonfly

For this card I used the DL102 French Pastry Doily die from Cheery Lynn Designs to cut out the green dotted paper and the DL102 French Pastry Doily Angel Wing die to cut out two solid backs for the doily using Double Mates Lovely Lilac card stock.  The Double Mates paper is great to use for layering as you get two coordinating colors on each sheet of card stock, a light and a dark.  For the swirl I used the flourish portion of the B135 Lace Rose and Flourish die from Cheery Lynn that I cut from a piece of text weight Hera Stardreams paper from The Paper Cut.  I used the same Double Mates card stock to cut out the DL152 Small Dragonfly w/Angel Wings and attached the Dragonfly to the Angel Wing using a Quickie Glue Pen.  I also used the Quickie Glue pen on the open areas of the Dragonfly wings and sprinkled with Sparkly Sweet Glitter from SweetStamps.com to give it some sparkle.  The flower was made using Iced Gems Candi legless brads.  I attached the center Candi to a Bazzill Really Big Brad (you could use a small circle of card stock) with a Candi Fix foam dot than folded the Iced Gems Candis down the center and attached to the brad using Ultimate Glue.  Using the legs for the Really Big Brad I attached it to the green dotted doily.  I used the Candi Fix foam dots to layer the flourish and the dragonfly to the green dotted doily than layered this to the lighter doily Angel Wing and off set the the dark Angel Wing behind the lighter one. I used the largest size of the XL13 French Scalloped Flair stacker from Cheery Lynn to cut out the plaid paper and layered the dollies to this using foam dots before layering it to a 6x6 piece of the dark Double Mates paper and then to a 6x6 square card.  I finished it up by using Lilac Rhinestones from Kaiser Craft.

No comments: